At KBM, our people are passionate about what they do. We provide a dynamic work environment in which employees have considerable autonomy and are rewarded with increasing opportunities to grow in their profession. Our people are encouraged to initiate new ventures and to take calculated risks. KBM is a diverse horizontal organization with open engagement across all business units.
KBM Resources Group- Geomatics Analyst II
January 20, 2022
KBM Resources Group is an independently owned natural resources consulting firm offering a range of services to clients in both the public and private sector. Since 1974 we have been headquartered in Thunder Bay, Ontario on the north shore of Lake Superior. In 2011, KBM opened a satellite office in Prince Albert, Saskatchewan. Both locations attract outdoor enthusiasts from all over with access to an endless network of parks, trails, rivers, and lakes.
A core part of our business is our aerial survey and geomatics division, where the successful candidate will join our team to support aerial survey data-processing, mapping, and delivery of spatial information. Our projects service clients in mining, forestry, and utilities to help with exploration, planning, and asset management applications. We work with private companies, all levels of government and First Nations, and NGOs to provide practical and technical expertise for data collection, processing and analysis, interpretation, and delivery.
KBM is currently seeking a geomatics analyst with proven technical and analytical skills to join our team. The successful candidate will support product development and geo spatial projects. KBM provides a flexible, dynamic, and challenging work environment with opportunities to further your skills in a team-based atmosphere. Additionally, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
- LiDAR and digital imagery processing
- Provide project level support
- Extract and manage multiple spatial data formats to be utilized in spatial analysis
- Create clear and effective visualizations of the data
- Develop spatial analysis workflows
- Creatively automates repetitive tasks to increase efficiency
- Help identify risks and propose solutions within a project team
- Lead by example demonstrating an enthusiastic manner to achieve results individually and through team
- Superior organization skills and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Experience with customer service and client communication • Working knowledge in GPS data collection and post-processing
- Sound understanding of Esri, Inpho or Terrasolid software suites.
- Proficient in Scripting for data analysis and management (Python and R)
- Knowledge of Microstation or PLS-CADD
Education and Experience:
- Degree or diploma in Geographic Sciences, Geomatics, GIS, or related discipline together with
- Specialized GIS/Remote sensing
- Previous work experience working with geospatial data within the utilities sector
To express an interest in this opportunity, please forward a cover letter and resume to Shawn Mizon. We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Join Our Team
We regularly hire forestry and geomatics students, field technicians, remote sensing experts, professional foresters and other natural resource professionals and are always accepting resumes.
We are proud to offer our full-time employees an attractive health and dental benefits package, we enjoy flexible work schedules, and a quality of life unique to Thunder Bay, Ontario. We also have an office in Prince Albert, Saskatchewan.
Submit expressions of interest to: