At KBM, our people are passionate about what they do. We provide a dynamic work environment in which employees have considerable autonomy and are rewarded with increasing opportunities to grow in their profession. Our people are encouraged to initiate new ventures and to take calculated risks. KBM is a diverse horizontal organization with open engagement across all business units.
KBM Resources Group- Geographical Information Systems (GIS) Manager
January 20, 2022
- The GIS Manager leads GIS staff to achieve project deadlines and maintains some GIS infrastructure in conjunction with IT; and is responsible to stay current with GIS technology to understand how business process can be improved or new ones developed.
Duties and responsibilities
- Providing functional direction to and coordinating work of the GIS team; delegates project tasks to GIS staff based on individual strengths, skills sets and experience levels; and tracks project performance to make sure projects keep to pre-determined timelines.
- Consulting clients to ascertain project purpose, needs, information required, and project timelines, and prepares billings to clients.
- Assists with proposal writing, scoping and pricing of GIS requests.
- Provides Quality Assurance on GIS products.
- Utilizes mapping software to produce visualizations, reports and analyses.
- Maintaining/upgrading GIS infrastructure; evaluating the functionality of systems; and managing the development of GIS software packages
- Performs other related duties as may be assigned
- Leads by example demonstrating corporate values in an enthusiastic manner to achieve results individually and through team participation.
- Identifies ways for continuous improvement of processes.
- Bachelor’s degree and post graduate diploma in GIS together with 5 to 7 years’ experience in a similar role or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Project Management/Business Analysis designations are an asset.
- Previous supervisory experience is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to create and maintain positive relationships with current and prospective clients.
- Must develop product and industry knowledge and stay up to date on products and trends
To express an interest in this opportunity, please forward a cover letter and resume to Shawn Mizon. We appreciate the interested of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Join Our Team
We regularly hire forestry and geomatics students, field technicians, remote sensing experts, professional foresters and other natural resource professionals and are always accepting resumes.
We are proud to offer our full-time employees an attractive health and dental benefits package, we enjoy flexible work schedules, and a quality of life unique to Thunder Bay, Ontario. We also have an office in Prince Albert, Saskatchewan.
Submit expressions of interest to: