At KBM, our people are passionate about what they do. We provide a dynamic work environment in which employees have considerable autonomy and are rewarded with increasing opportunities to grow in their profession. Our people are encouraged to initiate new ventures and to take calculated risks. KBM is a diverse horizontal organization with open engagement across all business units.
KBM Resources Group- Technical Services- Supervisor of Field Services
KBM Resources Group is an independently-owned natural resources consulting firm based out of Northwestern Ontario, with satellite offices in Saskatchewan and southern Ontario. KBM operates five tightly integrated business units offering a range of services to the natural resources development sectors, governments, and Indigenous organizations across Canada and abroad, including:
- Environmental and Forestry Consulting
- Field Technical Services
- Aerial Survey and Geomatics
- Flight Operations
- Sales & Retail
Based out of Thunder Bay, KBM’s Technical Services operational territory spans Ontario, Manitoba, and Saskatchewan with a primary focus on forest inventory data collection. We also offer the following services:
- Seedling testing – SQA and Frost Hardiness Testing
- Large Scale Photography Free to Grow Interpretation
- Forestry Data Collection – VSN, PSP, ELC, private property valuations
- Road locations and boundary layout
- Fisheries and water crossing assessments
- EA and permitting field support
KBM’ Technical Services division is looking to hire a full-time field services supervisor to manage its various field programs in Ontario and Manitoba. Key responsibilities include:
- Providing functional direction, supervises and coordinates daily work of the field staff; delegates project tasks to field staff based on skills sets and experience levels; and tracks project status to make sure projects keep to pre-determined timelines.
- Provides orientation to field staff and oversees training requirements
- Assisting with proposal writing, scoping, and pricing.
- Performing collection, testing and analysis of field data and samples for resource management and conservation.
- Ensures quality control
- Carries out all other related duties as assigned.
- Leads by example demonstrating corporate values in an enthusiastic manner to achieve results individually and through team participation.
- Identifies ways for continuous improvement of processes.
Eligible candidates should possess the following qualifications:
- Degree or diploma in forestry, natural resources, environment, geography or GIS together with a minimum of three years’ experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of dendrology and mensuration
- MNR ELC Photo Interpretation Certificate (optional)
- Competent with GIS Software (Arc Map and Summit) and digital field data collection platforms.
- Ontario Boreal forest VSN cruising training and experience
- Minimum of one year experience in aerial image or photo interpretation
- Previous supervisory experience is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Competent within the meaning of the Occupational Health & Safety Act
Submission deadline is September 15th, 2022.
Please submit resumes to:
Tell us what your ideal employment situation is!
Join Our Team
We regularly hire forestry and geomatics students, field technicians, remote sensing experts, professional foresters and other natural resource professionals and are always accepting resumes.
We are proud to offer our full-time employees an attractive health and dental benefits package, we enjoy flexible work schedules, and a quality of life unique to Thunder Bay, Ontario. We also have an office in Prince Albert, Saskatchewan.
Submit expressions of interest to: