KBM Resources Group is an independently-owned natural resources consulting firm based out of Northwestern Ontario, with satellite offices in Saskatchewan and southern Ontario. KBM operates five tightly-integrated business units offering a range of services to the natural resources development sectors, governments and Indigenous organizations across Canada and abroad, including:
Environmental and Forestry Consulting
- Field Technical Services
- Aerial Survey and Geomatics
- Flight Operations
- Sales & Retail
Based out of Thunder Bay, KBM’s Technical Services operational territory spans Ontario, Northern Minnesota, Manitoba and Saskatchewan with a primary focus on forest inventory data collection and photo- interpretation. We also offer the following services:
- Seedling testing – SQA and Frost Hardiness Testing
- Large Scale Photography Free to Grow Interpretation
- Road locations and boundary layout
- Fisheries and water crossing assessments
- EA and permitting field support
KBM’ Technical Services division is looking to hire seasonal and/or full-time staff for the upcoming 2019 season. We are looking for both field staff and qualified photo interpreters. Our ideal candidate has the following qualification and skills:
- Natural Resources focused College or University degree.
- Background in forestry road and boundary layout.
- Experience completing forest resource inventory data collection. Boreal eFRI field calibration certification is an asset.
- Willing to work in remote environments for extended periods (up to 10 days)
- Experience using GNSS GPS systems and digital data collection software.
- Proficient using ARC GIS (version 10.6.1) and Microsoft Office.
- Boreal or GLSL eFRI photo interpretation certification
Tell us what your ideal employment situation is!