KBM Resources Group requires an IT professional with broad experience and the ability to successfully understand, design, troubleshoot and manage all internal IT systems at a mid-sized company with outsized storage and computing needs. Initially working with the incumbent IT Administrator and focusing on frontline user support, the successful candidate will eventually become fully versed in all aspects of the IT systems and will be responsible for all office IT.
- The IT Administrator is responsible for all aspects of Information Technology and Information Systems for all company sites. This includes all client, network and server computing hardware, telephony hardware, software, licensing, configuration, security, and cloud environment administration, including high quality tech support to internal staff.
Duties and responsibilities
- Maintenance of computing server environment, ensuring high availability of critical services – this includes hardware maintenance and repair/replacement, security updates, critical device updates – including data backup and security
- Management and deployment of server and client-side software packages to support business needs; software license management & deployment; version updates, new installations, patches, etc.
- User support, troubleshooting, including routine desktop support, user account maintenance as well as complex client web application support.
- Maintenance of computing client environment (including cloud), ensuring high availability of client devices
- Maintenance, support and set-up of network equipment, PC hardware, desktops/laptops, telephony, printing and other office equipment
- Firewall/VPN/remote access administration
- Ensure mission readiness of survey systems
- Develop plan for equipment modernization and deployments; test and evaluate hardware and software configurations and complete other related tasks as assigned.
- Lead by example demonstrating corporate values in an enthusiastic manner to achieve results individually and through team participation.
- Identify ways for continuous improvement of processes.
- University degree or College diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field together with 1 to 3 years of experience in a comparable Information Technology capacity
- In-depth knowledge and experience Windows Server Admin, Windows Hyper-V Admin, Office 365, SAN design/deployment and Azure Active Directory required
- Specialized IT training from CompTIA, Microsoft and Sisco are an asset
- Experience with customer service, client communication and vendor negotiations
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Develops product/industry knowledge and stays current on relevant technologies, tools and trends
- Ability to analyze and reason to solve a wide variety of unique problems
- Superior organization skills and dedication to completing projects in a timely manner
- Detail oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced office environment
- Competent within the meaning of the Occupational Health & Safety Act
Work is performed in a either a private office or shared open office environment with occasional interruptions. Travel off site is regularly required to deal with IT related issues in other Company locations. Some evening/weekend work may be required.
Daily tasks require dexterity where accuracy with some speed is required (keyboarding, entering data, filing etc.). Above normal physical effort is required on occasion to move computer equipment
There are no direct reports. Functional direction may be provided to co-workers.
Salary Commensurate with Experience.