KBM Resources Group is an independently owned natural resources consulting firm based out of Northwestern
Ontario, with satellite offices in Saskatchewan and southern Ontario. KBM operates five tightly integrated business
units offering a range of services to the natural resources development sectors, governments and Indigenous
organizations across Canada and abroad, including:
- Environmental and Forestry Consulting
- Field Technical Services
- Aerial Survey and Geomatics
- Flight Operations
- Sales & Retail
Based out of Thunder Bay International Airport, KBM Flight Operations comprises of a fleet of piston fixed-wing
aircraft servicing our growing 702/703 and FTU operations. Aerial Survey includes missions such as LiDAR, aerial
photography, thermal, and ocular surveys all over Canada and beyond. We also operate charter services, flight
training, maintenance/AMO in Northwestern Ontario. We are an agile operation that can react quickly to changing
conditions, requirements, and priorities. This is reflected in the attitudes and capabilities of our workforce.
At KBM we have a tight knit team and our people are passionate about what we do. We provide a dynamic work
environment in which employees have considerable autonomy and are rewarded with increasing opportunities to grow
in their profession. Our pilots are multi-skilled individuals with strong interests in aviation and other fields. We are
independent, flexible, detail oriented, technically minded, and motivate each other to strive for precision and
efficiency. We are looking for future colleagues who are independently driven, looking for a new challenge, and who
we can rely on to be attentive, professional, kind, and safe!
We are also proud to offer our full-time employees an attractive health and dental benefits package, flexible work
schedules, and a quality of life unique to Thunder Bay, Ontario.
KBM Flight Operations is interested filling contract or full-time positions for 2020. Our ideal candidate has the
following qualifications and skills.
- Experience in complex single/multi piston aircraft
- Multi IFR and/or Instructor rating class 3 and above.
- Mechanically and technically (computer hardware/software) competent
- Able to communicate effectively through any personal and/or electronic means
- Willing and able to spend time away from base (up to 2-3 months/year) on various projects
- A background or previous experience in either:
- Software/hardware operation, design, or engineering
- Flight instruction
- Multi-IFR charter
- Office/business administration