KBM Outdoors has been locally owned and operated since 1975, bringing you quality gear and exceptional customer service for over 40 years. We sell forestry, survey and construction equipment and supplies to our industry clients as well as Garmin GPS, fish finders, camping and outdoors supplies to our retail customers.
We are looking to hire a Manager – Retail Operations to join our team. The Manager – Retail Operations is responsible for developing and implementing an effective sales strategy, marketing plan and operating budget to achieve business objectives, with primary responsibility for day-to-day retail operations. This is a full-time position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Marketing, Business Administration or related discipline together with 1 to 3 years’ experience in leading a sales team or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous supervisory experience is an asset.
- Previous experience in a sales role with demonstrated ability to meet or exceed targets.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to create and maintain positive relationships with current and prospective clients.
- Demonstrated skill in negotiating and closing critical contracts.
- Must have or be willing to obtain Lift Truck Operator and Pesticide Vendor Credentials.
- Familiarity with Accounting Software.
- Must develop product and industry knowledge and stay up to date on products and trends.
- Competent within the meaning of the Occupational Health & Safety Act
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop and implement an effective sales strategy, advertising/sponsorship/marketing plan and operating budget that meets business goals, growth and sales targets for both on-line and in-store sales.
- Use available data to accurately forecast sales and set appropriate performance goals.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with key clients, including negotiating and closing on major contracts, dealing with special requests and issues, and meeting with customers to discuss their evolving needs and to assess the quality of the company’s relationship with them; develops and maintains positive relationships with pro-staff.
- Inventory maintenance including ordering, goods receipt, aging inventory, new product research, and cost/margin analysis.
- Recruit, direct and supervise direct reports and manage all aspects of day-to-day retail operations and chemical storage warehouse.
- Responsible for FP DAT Sales and Service including monthly invoicing, technical and software support, inventory maintenance, training and sales of FP DAT and Trak services and customer service.
- Responsible for assisting customers in person, over the phone or online by determining needs, presenting appropriate products and services and closing sales; increases orders by suggesting related items, explaining features and checking customers buying history.
- Leads by example demonstrating corporate values in an enthusiastic manner to achieve results individually and through team participation.
- Identifies ways for continuous improvement of processes.
- Performs other related duties as may be assigned.