KBM Outdoors – GREAT GEAR FOR THE GREAT OUTDOORS
KBM Outdoors has been locally owned and operated since 1975, bringing you quality gear and exceptional customer service for over 40 years. We sell forestry, survey and construction equipment and supplies to our industry clients as well as Garmin GPS, fish finders, camping and outdoors supplies to our retail customers.
We are looking to hire a Sales Associate to join our team. The Sales Associate reports to the Manager – Retail Operations and is responsible for in person and online customer interactions, sales responsibilities from generating leads to closing sales, and assisting with inventory management, shipping and receiving and warehouse operations. This is a full-time position.
- High school graduation
- 6 months to 1 year of experience in customer service, retail industry preferred
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability and willingness to operate a POS system
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills
- Clear communication and organizational skills
- Familiarity with Accounting software
- Must have or be able to obtain Lift Truck Operator Credentials
- Must develop product and industry knowledge and stay up to date on products and trends.
- Competent within the meaning of the Occupational Health & Safety Act
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for assisting customers in person, over the phone or online by determining needs, presenting appropriate products and services and closing sales; increases orders by suggesting related items, explaining features and checking customers buying history.
- Cultivates a strong buying relationship by providing accurate guidance, delivering excellent customer service and maintaining strong product knowledge.
- Utilizes point of sale (POS) and ensures that sales transactions are completed accurately; issues receipts or customer invoices.
- Assists with shipping/receiving, inventory control, Chemical Warehouse and warehouse management.
- Maintains key visual standards on the sales floor and stockroom including stock levels, cleanliness and general housekeeping throughout the day.
- Assists with improving brand awareness through social media presence, website development, and advertising.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe and secure work environment by conducting daily reviews, noting hazards, keeping store and workspace clean and organized
- Leads by example demonstrating corporate values in an enthusiastic manner to achieve results individually and through team participation.
- Identifies ways for continuous improvement of processes.
- Performs other related duties as may be assigned.
Applications will be accepted until 4:30 pm on Friday, July 3, 2020.