At KBM, our people are passionate about what they do. We provide a dynamic work environment in which employees have considerable autonomy and are rewarded with increasing opportunities to grow in their profession. Our people are encouraged to initiate new ventures and to take calculated risks. KBM is a diverse horizontal organization with open engagement across all business units.
KBM Resources Group- Geomatics Analyst I
March 11, 2021 – March 31, 2021
This posting is closed for the 2021 hiring season
KBM Resources Group is an independently owned natural resources consulting firm offering a range of services to clients in both the public and private sector. Since 1974 we have been headquartered in Thunder Bay, Ontario on the north shore of Lake Superior. In 2011, KBM opened a satellite office in Prince Albert, Saskatchewan. Both locations attract outdoor enthusiasts from all over with access to an endless network of parks, trails, rivers, and lakes.
A core part of our business is our aerial survey and geomatics division, where the successful candidate will join our team to support aerial survey data-processing, mapping, and delivery of spatial information. Our projects service clients in mining, forestry, and utilities to help with exploration, planning, and asset management applications. We work with private companies, all levels of government and First Nations, and NGOs to provide practical and technical expertise for data collection, processing and analysis, interpretation, and delivery.
KBM is currently seeking a geomatics analyst for LiDAR and image processing to join our team. Full training will be provided to the successful candidate if required. KBM provides a flexible, dynamic, and challenging work environment with opportunities to further your skills in a team-based atmosphere. Additionally, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
- Support projects through processing and digital image processing.
- Performs Quality Assurance/Quality Control on project deliverables to ensure they are consistent with contract requirements and delivery dates, completing or advising on necessary alterations.
- Maintain automated workflows/scripts and documentation.
- Catalogues, organizes, and stores current survey data.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior organization skills and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Working knowledge of GPS data collection and post-processing
- Familiarity in Esri, Inpho or Terrasolid software suites an asset.
- Advanced diploma or degree in GIS/Remote Sensing or equivalent
Join Our Team
We regularly hire forestry and geomatics students, field technicians, remote sensing experts, professional foresters and other natural resource professionals and are always accepting resumes.
We are proud to offer our full-time employees an attractive health and dental benefits package, we enjoy flexible work schedules, and a quality of life unique to Thunder Bay, Ontario. We also have an office in Prince Albert, Saskatchewan.
Submit expressions of interest to: