At KBM, our people are passionate about what they do. We provide a dynamic work environment in which employees have considerable autonomy and are rewarded with increasing opportunities to grow in their profession. Our people are encouraged to initiate new ventures and to take calculated risks. KBM is a diverse horizontal organization with open engagement across all business units.
KBM Resources Group- Technical Services- Field Technician
KBM Resources Group is an independently-owned natural resources consulting firm based out of Northwestern Ontario, with satellite offices in Saskatchewan and southern Ontario. KBM operates five tightly integrated business units offering a range of services to the natural resources development sectors, governments, and Indigenous organizations across Canada and abroad, including:
- Environmental and Forestry Consulting
- Field Technical Services
- Aerial Survey and Geomatics
- Flight Operations
- Sales & Retail
Based out of Thunder Bay, KBM’s Technical Services operational territory spans Ontario, Manitoba, and Saskatchewan with a primary focus on forest inventory data collection. We also offer the following services:
- Seedling testing – SQA and Frost Hardiness Testing
- Large Scale Photography Free to Grow Interpretation
- Road locations and boundary layout
- Fisheries and water crossing assessments
- EA and permitting field support
KBM Technical Services division is looking to hire seasonal and/or full-time staff for the 2022 season. We are looking for both field staff and qualified photo interpreters. Our ideal candidate has the following qualification and skills:
- Natural Resources focused College or University degree.
- Background in forestry road and boundary layout.
- Experience completing forest resource inventory data collection. Boreal eFRI field calibration certification is an asset.
- Willing to work in remote environments for extended periods (up to 10 days)
- Experience using GNSS GPS systems and digital data collection software.
- Proficient using ARC GIS (version 10.6.1) and Microsoft Office.
- Boreal or GLSL eFRI photo interpretation certification
Submission deadline is September 15th, 2022.
Please submit resumes to:
Tell us what your ideal employment situation is!
Join Our Team
We regularly hire forestry and geomatics students, field technicians, remote sensing experts, professional foresters and other natural resource professionals and are always accepting resumes.
We are proud to offer our full-time employees an attractive health and dental benefits package, we enjoy flexible work schedules, and a quality of life unique to Thunder Bay, Ontario. We also have an office in Prince Albert, Saskatchewan.
Submit expressions of interest to: